My painted rock

My painted rock

Ramona Antique Fair

Ramona Antique Fair
My new rented space before transformation

Debbie's Dreamworks's Fan Box

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Two months into this whole new world of Etsy. I have really put in the hours but completely enjoyed my expierence. Things are really good, I now have a tiny glimpse of what running a small business is like. Yesterday was amazing to me!. I had a sale, my internet was down and a big custom order (needed asap) all in the same day. I saw my kids helping me and even sharing in my excitement. My daughter picked up the kids, went to the post office and base coated for me! My son sanded and my husband brought home boxes.

Sometimes I feel starved for even a "heart" on Etsy and when I actually get a sale, I'm shocked, excited, happy and yes, a little stressed. The whole shipping has been such a pain. I've been truly living and learning thru this process to say the least!

4 comments:

  1. I have just joined the etsy group and I am not at all familiar with etsy but after reading your blog I am also excited about the sales you made keep it up!

    I myself is interested in beading and wire art. My e mail is rubali@rocketmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Found you through the Facebook group. Hang in there, it will get easier as you go along. Fortunately most of my sales are through local networking, because like you, the prepping and shipping can be nerve racking. The Post Office lost a package one time and I did not insure it so I ate the loss. Some people on Etsy will not refund if something is lost during shipping, but I refunded the money, just as if I were a "big box" type of store.

    Enjoy the ride and growth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Just realized I hadn't checked out your blog even though you;re on the BnS list.

    It's exciting when we get etsy sales!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is definetly a learning process, but a fun one most of the time!

    ReplyDelete