My painted rock

My painted rock

Ramona Antique Fair

Ramona Antique Fair
My new rented space before transformation

Debbie's Dreamworks's Fan Box

Friday, June 18, 2010

It's been way to long!

I can't believe it has been so long since I wrote on my blog.  So much has happened since December!  First, I have been spending loads of time setting up my new ebay store.  I decided back in Feb. to take this first plunge and see if ebay would work for me. I now have over 200 items listed in my ebay store, mostly  vintage items and a few are hand painted items.  I am very happy to say, sales are growing each month and all efforts, including many hours of "picking" and  listing items, are starting to pay off.  I have to admit, I love the picking part!  Garage sales, estate sales, antique stores, and thrift stores are my favorite past time.  I have found lots of wonderful treasures, many have a home on ebay, some are transformed into wonderful garden items and a few special finds end up in my rented space up at Wynola Junction Antique Store.  Speaking of which, this avenue of Debbie's Dreamworks has also become more profitable and very enjoyable!  Because of the enjoyment I have experienced in all that comes with a rented space, I have recently expanded my space in Wynola.  I now have 30 sq ft to fill.  Several months ago, I started selling antiques for a very special lady I met here locally.  Our friendship has blossomed and because of our same interests, we decided to put our talents together.  Two days ago, we took a giant plunge and rented us a 10' x 13" booth here in Ramona at The Old Town Ramona Antique Fair.  We are so ecstatic and motivated, this has been a dream of mine ever since I moved to Ramona, 21 years ago.  I used to visit this Antique mall a few times a month and just browse and enjoy my little escape from reality and responsibilities.  I remember thinking how awesome it would be to have my own space here.  Wow, I can't believe it is coming true!  We have spent the last two days painting the walls sky blue, it is going to be a quaint, charming, garden themed room.  We are going to do a mix of eclectic, antiques, and garden items.  This weekend we will be painting clouds, trees, a stone wall, rolling hills with a path leading to a tiny church and potted plants  We are thrilled and hope to have our space open for business in a week or so.  Well, off to paint some furniture for my new space.  I will be posting pictures as our efforts evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment